DOCSHARE is an initiative of the Documentary Filmmakers Association of South Africa to create opportunities for experienced film professionals to share their knowledge and engage with the work and concerns of our existing and prospective members. We will offer five virtual DocShare webinar sessions during the first quarter of 2023, that will be open to the public. We will also be offering a support network for 10 Tier 3 filmmakers who want to apply for their first NFVF development funding where they access the docSHARE public sessions in addition to bespoke mentorship. The docSHARE programme is powered by the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP3) administered by the NFVF.
JOB OPPORTUNITY: DFA DOCSHARE PROGRAMME MANAGER
The Documentary Filmmakers’ Association would like to employ a programme manager to implement the docSHARE programme from January to April 2023. This person would be required to:
- Schedule and host webinars, recruit speakers and brief moderators with agenda and content
- Selection of and communication with mentees
- Onboard trainees and mentors and integrate into all communication channels
- Host meetings on Zoom and take minutes, follow up with managing video/transcript and communications following meetings or event
- Assist trainees, mentors and speakers with queries, networking and requests for information
- Collaborate with DFA administrative office members and docSHARE workgroup
- Write and submit funding proposals for further docSHARE events
- General email management and Gdrive organization, written reporting and record-keeping
- Help promote the organisation, its members, and its objectives.
- Experience level: mid-senior experience level with a minimum of 5 years experience in production or education of documentary film
- Demonstrable experience as a documentary filmmaker
- Must have own computer, workspace and uncapped internet connection for remote work
- Must be a member of the DFA
The following will be advantageous :
- Experience in film production or training
- Experience working in industry organisations
Timeframe & remuneration:
- Between 3 January 2023 and 30 April 2023, working part-time (10 hours per week)
- This is a freelance, part-time position
- Remuneration will be a project fee of R27 000
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file with the subject “DFA docSHARE programme manager application” to email@example.com:
– Curriculum Vitae (CV) and contact details for 2 references
– Motivation letter (maximum 1 page)
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 12:00 (midday) Wednesday 21 December 2022
Please note: No person currently serving as a member of the DFA Board can apply. DFA is committed to transforming the documentary film industry to be more representative of race, gender and disability.
The docSHARE programme is powered by the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP3) administered by the NFVF.