docLOVE is a monthly documentary film screening program of thought-provoking content and facilitated discussions on issues raised in the films. We provide an interactive opportunity for engagement, while at the same time celebrating great documentary films. Since 2018 DFA has hosted screenings in Cape Town and Johannesburg. With the support of the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP3) administered by the NFVF, DFA docLOVE will extend its programme to other provinces. In order to achieve this, docLOVE will employ a programme manager.
The DFA is recruiting for the following position:
DFA DOCLOVE PROGRAMME MANAGER
Position: Part-time (24 hours per month)
Duration: 5 months
Experience level: Mid to senior experience level with a minimum of 5 years experience in documentary film; either as filmmaker, producer, production manager or film festival organiser.
The Documentary Filmmakers’ Association would like to employ a programme manager to implement the docLOVE programme from February-July 2023. This person would be required to:
- Schedule and plan screenings
- Liaise with film rights holders, filmmakers, guest speakers, panellists, screening partners and screening facilitators
- Coordinate venue logistics
- Liaise and consult with DFA docLOVE task team or the DFA board
- Support screening publicity along with DFA Communication Officer
- Liaise with DFA Administration Officer
- Attend the screenings where possible
- Write and submit funding proposals for further docLOVE events
- General email management and Gdrive organisation, written reporting and record-keeping
- Help promote the organisation, its members, and its objectives.
- Demonstrable experience in documentary film (production or film screenings)
- Must have own computer, workspace and uncapped internet connection for remote work
- Must be a member of the DFA
The following will be advantageous :
- Experience working in this or other industry organisations
Timeframe & remuneration:
- Between 20 January 2023 – 30 June 2023
- This is a freelance, part-time position
- Remuneration will be a total project fee of R30 000.00
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file with the subject “DFA docLOVE programme manager application” to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Curriculum Vitae (CV) and contact details for 2 references
– Motivation letter (maximum 1 page)
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No person currently serving as a member of the DFA board can apply. DFA is committed to transforming the documentary film industry to be more representative of race, gender and disability.
Closing date: 17:00, Thursday, 12 January 2023
The docLOVE programme is powered by the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP3) administered by the NFVF.