Do you have a great idea for a documentary but not sure how to realise it?
Are you working on a documentary project already and need extra support?
Do you want to apply for NFVF development funding but don’t know how to go about it?
The docSHARE 2023 programme being offered from January to April 2023 is designed to give Tier 3 documentary filmmakers access to five webinars that will provide meaningful inputs from industry experts on a range of skills required to successfully secure and manage production funding. In addition to the webinars successful applicants will be mentored as they prepare their proposal and submit an application to the NFVF for development or production funding. Participation in the programme is free and trainees will receive a small stipend to help cover costs of data and/or travel.
DOCSHARE is an initiative of the Documentary Filmmakers Association of South Africa to create opportunities for experienced film professionals to share their knowledge and engage with the work and concerns of our existing and prospective members. The docSHARE programme is powered by the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP3) administered by the NFVF.
The docSHARE webinar topics will include:
- Commercial distribution + marketing
- Documentary structure: from script to footage to film
- Proposal writing, Budgeting and Financial Plans
- Applying to the NFVF and other funders 101.
How do I apply?
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file with the subject “DFA
docSHARE trainee application” to email@example.com
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Motivation letter
– 1 paragraph description of your documentary idea (250 – 500 words)
– 1 paragraph description of the status of your project/stage of production, eg. Do you have characters in mind, have they agreed to participate, what research have you done, have you filmed any footage, etc? (250 – 500 words)
Deadline for applications: 12:00 (midday) 3 January 2023
DFA is committed to transforming the documentary film industry to be more representative of race, gender and disability.
The docSHARE programme is powered by the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP3) administered by the NFVF.