DOCUMENTARY FILMMAKERS ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH AFRICA
2023/2024 docLOVE PROGRAMME
docLOVE is a monthly documentary film screening program and facilitated discussions. We provide an interactive opportunity for engagement, while at the same time celebrating great documentary films. With the support of the Presidential Employment Support Programme (PESP4) administered by the NFVF, DFA docLOVE will expand its programme in Tzaneen and would like to employ a screening facilitator to support our monthly screenings.
The DFA is recruiting for the following position:
DFA DOCLOVE SCREENING FACILITATOR – POLOKWANE
Position: Part-time (8 hours per month)
Duration: 6 months from mid-October 2023 – mid-April 2024.
Experience level: Junior to mid-level experience level with a minimum of 2 years experience in documentary film; either as filmmaker or screening organiser.
- Schedule and plan screenings along with the docLOVE programme managers and Tzaneen coordinator.
- Attend monthly meetings with the docLOVE team
- Coordinate venue logistics
- Support screening publicity along with DFA communication officer
- Actively engage in audience building through in-person and digital marketing
- Set-up, plan and attend the screenings
- Invite and host a discussion with guest speakers
- Write and submit screening reports to include photos of the screening
- Help promote the organisation, its members, and its objectives.
- Demonstrable experience in documentary film (production or film screenings)
- Must have access to a computer, workspace and uncapped internet connection for remote work
- Must be a member of the DFA or willing to apply for membership
The following will be advantageous :
- Experience working in this or other industry organisations
Timeframe & remuneration:
- Between 15 October 2023 – 15 April 2024
- This is a freelance, part-time position
- Remuneration will be R1200,00 per film screening
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file with the subject “DFA
docLOVE screening facilitator application – Tzaneen ” to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Curriculum Vitae (CV) and contact details for 2 references
– Motivation letter (maximum 200 words)
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 17:00, Friday, 6 October 2023
Please note: No person currently serving as a member of the DFA Board can apply. DFA is committed to transforming the documentary film industry to be more representative of race, gender and disability.
The docLOVE programme is supported by the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP4) administered by the NFVF.