The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), is pleased to announce that the call for cycle 1 funding applications for the 2019/20 financial year is now open for the following funding categories:
- Production and Development
- Tiers 1, 2 & 3 – Fiction Development (animation, feature films, short films, and TV formats) & Documentary Development (feature films and short films)
- Tiers 1 & 2 – Fiction Production – Animation
- Tiers 1,2 & 3 – Documentary Production – Archive funding
- Tiers 1,2 & 3 – Documentary & Fiction Post-production
Individuals, companies and organisations may submit funding applications to the NFVF for any of the above funding categories. Specific conditions are applicable for each funding category, and it is important for applicants to take careful note of these conditions before submitting an application.
Opening date for submissions: 27 March 2020
Closing date for submissions: 10 April 2020
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, productions have been suspended indefinitely and as such the NFVF will not be assessing these applications during this time. A call for production applications will be opened in June 2020. Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za/
Please take note of the following disclaimers:
- Tier yourself accordingly
- Carefully read the definitions of the sub categories before selecting
- It is advisable that the main applicant applies instead of using a 3rd party to apply on their behalf
Tier 1: Experienced filmmakers who have a proven track record for developing and producing 3-5 theatrically released feature films.
Tier 2: Filmmakers with limited experience but who have developed and produced 1-2 theatrical feature films, television fiction, documentaries, 2-3 short films and/or commercials seeking to venture into feature film development and production.
Tier 3: New entrants into the industry, particularly recent film school graduates from historically disadvantaged backgrounds. This intervention is geared towards first time filmmakers having a “calling card” in the film industry. This tier is only eligible for short film funding.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted. For any queries regarding applications please contact:
Thandekile Hlatshwayo, Applications Officer Email: email@example.com