In line with the DFA Constitution you are hereby notified that the Annual General Meeting will take place on 24 August 2021 at 15:00 – 17:00 via Zoom and in person. The venues will be Bertha House in Cape Town and in Johannesburg the venue is TBC. We will link the two venues with Zoom and members in other areas can also join virtually. You will receive a link to join 24 hours before the meeting.
If you cannot attend, you will still be able to vote online, but please also do appoint a proxy in order to establish a quorum at the meeting. Please send in nominations for new board members – use the link below to do so online (scroll further down)
The minutes of the previous AGM are attached for your convenience.
Nominations for board members will close on Wednesday 17 August at 12h00. Voting for Election of the 2022/2023 DFA Board will open at 12h00 on Monday 22 August and will remain open until 13h00 on Wednesday 24 August.
DFA BOARD ELECTION PROCESS
- Existing board members need no nomination, but need to confirm that they are members in good standing (fully paid up), and that they are prepared to stand for another cycle. Their standing has to be seconded. View the current Board on our website
- Full Members may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another Full member. If they are nominated by another member, the nominee needs to confirm via email that they accept the nomination.Nominees must be members in good standing (paid up members). View current members on our website
- Nominations for board members will close on 12h00 on Monday 22 August. All submissions must reach the Secretary by 12h00 on on Monday 22 August.
- Candidate profiles will be made available to members preceding and during the voting period (22-24 August) and the link will be sent to paid up members.
- Only Members in good standing (members who have valid membership on 22 August will receive access to the electronic voting process.
- Every voting member will get the electronic voting link and the system will only allow one person to vote per link to ensure that every member only votes once. On completion of the survey, please make sure that you enter your name in the space provided. It will NOT connect your name to the ballot (which is completely secret), but will assist us to establish a quorum.
- Voting will be open from 12:00 on 22 August and close again at 13:00 on 24 August. Voting results will be announced during the subsequent AGM.
MINUTES OF THE 2021 AGM & DFA CONSTITUTION
PROXY FORM/ NOMINATION FORM (should you wish to complete manually, you can also use the link below)